Chantecaille Compact Soleil

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How is it possible that I had never purchased a Chantecaille bronzer until a few weeks ago? I am an avid Chantecaille fan, and I have so much wonderful makeup and skin care from Chantecaille. I think my enthusiasm for this year's latest and greatest bronzers led me to try one that's not brand new, but from a company I love.

When I was browsing at Chantecaille online, I clicked on "cheeks" and studied Compact Soleil ($45). Here's what I learned.

Compact Soleil captures the wonderful effects of the sun without any of the harmful effects of UV rays. This incredibly natural-looking bronzer is the result of the latest micronizing technology that creates an ultra-fine powder with a silky, glowing finish. Gingko biloba and wild rose work together to heal and protect the skin, leaving it smooth and radiant. It's cruelty-free, with no animal derivatives, paraben-free, and fragrance-free.

There were three shades from which I could choose: Capri, which appeared to have a touch of rose (a plus); Tahiti, which appeared light and interesting, but was out of stock; and St. Barth's, listed as a new shade. St. Barth's appeared to be too dark and too brown for my fair skin. I wanted that online special (which has since ended, but was available when I was shopping), so I added Capri to my shopping bag. Ah, the sheer joy of anticipating a new arrival! You know how that feels. As soon as you complete the transaction, you want UPS to materialize at your door.

Carpi arrived pretty quickly, and I fell in love with it just as quickly. I don't really see rose in it, but I can't compare it to the two shades I don't own. I will look next time I go to Neiman Marcus. I am curious about the other shades, especially Tahiti. I just can't believe I never tried them. I was probably too focused on other extraordinary Chantecaille items. There's nothing like the month of May to awaken an interest in bronzers!

I decided to apply Capri with a makeup sponge for swatch photos, and I took the photos in sunshine in my garden, but from different angles. I applied it ridiculously heavily at the top of my arm, just so that you could see the concentrated shade, with a slightly blended representation below. No one would apply a bronzer as heavily as I did for these photos - I hope.

I love the color, texture, and finish. It is matte, so there are no sparkles to gleam in outdoor lighting. It does have an indescribable glow. The color is pure tan - no mud in sight. I see no rose on my skin either, although I do see an ever-so-slight rose tint in the heavy application in my photos. On my face, when applied properly, it's a gorgeous shade.

The texture is the fine, creamy powder we expect from Chantecaille. It adheres perfectly and imparts a natural appearance. I am impressed. It has definitely joined the "wear me" pile among the best bronzers in my life.

After having so many makeup artists apply bronzer to my face, making me look healthy, helping my cheekbones pop, and making my square jawline recede a bit, I've become a bronzer convert over the last year. Look out world! I will be trying even more of them.

You can find Compact Soleil at Chantecaille's Web site. I assume it's at the counters too. That's where I plan to see how the other two shades look.

Update 5/24: I just learned that St. Barth's is not darker and is perfect for fair skin! It's a new product inspired by Le Tigre Bronzer. I bought one a few days ago. Love!

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille