The Friday Forum - May 27

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Friday, May 27, 2011

The honeysuckle is blooming, and I'm in the mood for a fragrance that carries the true scent of honeysuckle onto my body! Do you have any ideas for me?

This was a busy beauty week! Some of the stunning summer collections (the late wave) finally launched - right before the fall collections start to appear. The timing couldn't have been more welcome to an addict who loves a fresh dose of makeup. There's more to come here at Best Things in Beauty, but I'll take a break and reflect on the week.

I wasn't terribly interested in the American Idol finale, but I turned it on, thinking it would provide background music for other activities. I ended up watching most of the show! There were so many guest stars, often singing with the Final 13, it was a fun show. I got to see all my favorites, from Jacob to Haley. Isn't Paul McDonald darling? Jacob soared with Gladys Knight and Kirk Franklin. Tony Bennett and Haley? Charming! Listening made me happy. I hope all those kids see their dreams of a career in music come true.

Can you even believe it's time for The Friday Forum? We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

There are so many special offers for Memorial Day. This evening, I will put some of the better ones in the comments for your use - should you decide to do a little armchair shopping this weekend.

Want to blush? I have a giveaway contest for a Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Tropic Hues. It's a perfect punch for summer. Make sure to enter before Saturday's midnight deadline.

I hope you have a glorious Memorial Day weekend. Please take a few minutes to reflect on those who have died in our nation's service. If you have lost a loved one to war (or the new kind of war called terrorism), please know that millions will pause this weekend to reflect on your sacrifices. We care. Thank you for giving up the most precious thing you could give - your children, fathers and mothers, grandparents, brothers and sisters, cousins, and best friends.