Giorgio Armani Beauty Gloss d'Armani - Part 2

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Saturday, May 28, 2011

You knew I would buy more shades of Giorgio Armani Beauty's new Gloss d'Armani ($28), right? It didn't take me long. They arrived at Neiman Marcus on Friday, and aside from the "pastel tangerine" one I referenced Wednesday in "Part 1," I gave Kathy Shoreman, my fantastic sales associate, the go-ahead to select three more for me.

To recap, Gloss d'Armani is Giorgio Armani Beauty's newest lip gloss. Armani's exclusive Color-Fil Shine technology allows the texture of Gloss d’Armani to be compared to a weave that gently and lastingly adorns the lips. The secret ingredient, the Color Bond Polymer already found at the heart of Rouge d’Armani, has the ability to form a supple mesh that traps pigments and pearlescent particles. Thanks to its translucent formula base, the texture gives "full expression" to color.

Mirror oils (I have no idea what they are) increase its shine, while silicon oil leaves it silky-smooth and non-sticky. The comfortable, stay-fast color is like a second skin that The company says remains true for eight hours without fading or migrating. I don't get eight hours out of any lip product, but I get two to three from these, depending on what I'm doing.

On my first round of purchases at Saks, I bought Beige #100, Pink #501, Plum #600, and Plum #601. Yesterday, I picked up the shades shown at the top of this feature. Here they are, from left to right in that photo.
  • Beige #103
  • Rouge #403
  • Pink #503
  • Pink #504
The outdoor light was not ideal for my swatch photos this morning. The sun kept peeking behind the clouds and varied in intensity while I was taking pictures. The newest "batch" of Gloss d'Armani is shown on my arm in the same order, top to bottom, listed in the bullets above.

Beige #103 has much more color than Beige #100 (pop over to this link for the swatch photo from earlier in the week). It's a pretty nude with a hint of peach. The shade I call pastel tangerine, Rouge #403, is exquisite. The glimmering color will make you look snazzy. It's not as tangerine on my lips as it looks on my arm. Pink lips plus Rouge #403 = the perfect shade for summer.

Pink #503 is a pretty medium-toned pink-rose shade. Pink #504 is very light, but makes its presence known with a remarkable gleam. It will make a great topper for many different lip shades. You can see how different these two pinks are in the two shades at the bottom of my arm.

Gloss d'Armani has no discernible fragrance or flavor. It feels great on the lips. I can feel the gloss when I wear it, but it's not tacky, sticky, or heavy. I'm smitten. What more can I say? These new lip glosses make me happy. I've always been a Giorgio Armani Beauty groupie. Nothing changed with the launch of Gloss d'Armani.

With 18 shades, you are bound to find a few that compel you to pull out your wallet. They are available at Neiman Marcus and Saks.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty