NARS Exotic Dance Duo Eye Shadow for Summer 2011

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm a pushover for neutrals, which is why I was intrigued with Exotic Dance Duo Eye Shadow ($33). Not only do I love neutrals, I adore golden shades. You can imagine my reaction when I read this...

A pairing of metallic white with silver sheen and metallic gold, creates a dazzling duo eyeshadow. The shimmering hues can each be worn alone or layered.

I ordered Exotic Dance the minute I saw the collection at the NARS Web site. I did not purchase the peacock of the summer collection, the Cap Ferrat Trio. It looked too bright for me.

Am I happy with Exotic Dance? A qualified yes! The golden shade is beautiful. So is the shimmering white, with one caveat. It takes some work to get an even application of the white shade. I don't know whether my issue - and I can only know if it's my issue or a more general problem - seems symptomatic of a quality control or production issue with some of the newest NARS powder eye shadows. I have to work pretty hard to get an even application of the white shade. At least I can, and when I do, I'm a happy gal! I need to have a heart-to-heart with a trusted NARS representative.

Here is a swatch photo of the duo. Taken in full sun, it shows the gorgeous golden glow of the shimmering gold shade. It's worth the price of admission. If you have ever taken a swatch photo, you can probably see that I worked hard to get a decent, even swatch of the shimmering white. I painted and painted with my sponge-tipped applicator, and I succeeded. My arm had no primer on it, just a tiny bit of moisturizer, but it was a little harder than it should have been. The white is easier to use when it's layered over the gold, which brings me to Hayley Reinhart.

Did you see American Idol last night? Haley Reinhart sang a version of "House of the Rising Sun" that won her the night. She's currently my choice to win the whole competition. She was rocking a gold eye. She could have created it with Exotic Dance. Her whole lid (lower and crease) was a sexy gold that was highlighted in the center. She also wore a darker brown in the outer crease. Her eye makeup was exquisite. If you apply the gold in this duo in the same way, use any golden brown in the crease from center to the outer corner and swept onto the outer lower lid, and them layer the silvery white over the gold in the center of the lid, you too will have Hayley's look. It was stunning. I love her talent, but last night, I was just as impressed with her eye makeup. Just click on her photo to enlarge it.

You can purchase the latest NARS makeup, including Exotic Dance, at the NARS Web site and NARS counters. I bought mine online.

Photo at top courtesy of NARS; Hayley's photo courtesy of Frank Micelotta/Fox